We aim to provide a nurturing place of learning, where every child achieves their potential and develops a life long love of learning. We want our children to develop high expectations and aspirations for their future. Children need intellectual and physical space to grow. We ensure our children have both of these by developing our curriculum with creativity and the knowledge that the natural environment can offer every child a different opportunity to learn. Our learning garden, pond and meadow allow every child the chance to experience the natural world hand-in-hand with the vibrancy of a central London. Our teachers make up a team of inspirational leaders who are dedicated to going that extra mile for your child.
- Inspire, motivate and challenge all children
- Allow children to feel safe, secure and happy
- Allow all to gain self-esteem and confidence in themselves and their learning
- Value each individual and develop their own skills and personality
- Achieve high standards in all areas of teaching and learning
- Provide a creative and engaging curriculum in a pusrposeful and supportive environment
In an environment which is:
- Fully inclusive
- Safe and stimulating
- Fun, exciting and purposeful
- Healthy and active
We will achieve this by:
- Having high expectations
- Providing rich, exciting and purposeful learning opportunities
- Building a broad curriculum with inspirational teaching, filled with opportunities and experiences
- Sharing and celebrating the successes of all
- Making full use of our learning environment and the expertise of adults and children
- Promoting independence and enthusiasm
Throughout the course of the year we focus on six different key values with the children. Every half term linked to a particular value and we learn more about it through assemblies and class discussions. We have a school Values Cup which is awarded to someone who has demonstrated a particularly good understanding of this value throughout the half term.
The values we focus on are: Kindness, Respect, Co-operation, Resilience, Fairness and Tolerance.
Our House System
In order to promote teamwork and friendly competition within school, we have a House System. Our Houses are: North House, East House, South House and West House. The children can earn house points for demonstrating one of our six values, showing excellent manners or for fantastic work. The tokens are then counted every half-term so we can see which House is in the lead. We have House Captains in Year 6 who are responsible for holding House Assemblies and for organising, encouraging and supporting their House during our different House competitions.
Autumn Term – Sports Tournament
Spring Term – Academic Challenge
Summer Term – Music Competition
In accordance with the Department for Education, we aim to actively promote British values in school to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The key values are:
- rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs